Dropping from its regular price this weekend, Splashtop’s Extended Wireless Display 2 – an app that turns Apple’s iPad into a wireless second display for your computer – is now just $2.99.
Supporting systems running Windows 7, Windows 8 and Mac OS 10.8, (or later), Extended Wireless Display 2 requires that you have at least 2GB of RAM free, alongside a 1.6 GHz (or faster) dual-core CPU. In order for the app to work as intended, you will have to ensure that both your computer and iPad are on the same Wi-Fi network.
Here’s just some of the reasons you might want to use it:
– Reduce desktop clutter by filling your iPad screen with widgets, folder shortcuts, IM buddy list, Skype, Twitter, Photoshop palettes, and other utility apps
– View spreadsheets across monitors so that all columns can be seen without scrolling
– Park background entertainment windows such as Netflix, Hulu, or social games (FarmVille) on the iPad while working
– Edit an HTML page on one monitor while viewing the rendered web page on the iPad
– Collaborate with others by showing them additional content on the extended iPad screen
– Play Flash movies and videos on your iPad in bed or on the couch and avoid the hassle of transferring or converting
Get “Extended Wireless Display 2” – for $2.99 (limited time).